Most construction jobs are handled by a general contractor especially the big ones. General contractors are given the nickname of GC and they can also be called as a builder, a remodeling contractor and many other names. They work with the owner in order to successfully complete the construction and the whole responsibility of building lies with him and he should go with the bid price for the things that are needed to be spent with. For short, he is in-charge in buying all of the materials the construction is going to need, he finds people who are willing and able to do the job right and he can even hire subcontractors for them to help him in completing the tasks.
The only one who is going to have the biggest impact in the whole construction will be your contractor so it is really best for you to choose the most capable one. Even if the planning stage is great and amazing, it cannot guarantee that the job will be perfect, too because it needs a special skill for them to be able to finish the job. Your contractor should be a person who you are willing to trust with your ideas and whom you can depend on during the process of construction. Even if the talent fee of the contractors who are great in their job, you will not be regretting the money that you have invested to them because of how great their performance is. And if ever there will be problems along the way, make sure that your contractor will also help you in solving these problems and he or she should not be leaving you hanging if any problems will arise.
We are about to give you a list of the responsibilities of a general contractor so make sure that you are still following so that you will know more.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF A GENERAL CONTRACTOR
- He is the one who negotiates the contract to the client or the owner
- He estimates the costing of the whole project
- He is the one who is assigned to hire subcontractors to aid the construction
- He should be the one assigned to get the permits necessary
- He should schedule inspections for the place
- He distributes money to the many suppliers for different things that will be needed
- He is responsible to make a schedule for the workers and the deliveries that should be made
- He should be able to interpret the plans and other specifications
- He should be able to manage the work of all of his employees and subcontractors
- He should be able to solve all the problems if anything will arise during the process or whenever it is necessary
The general contractor should also be the one who is going to make contact with the owner and he or she should have an open mind about the things that the owner wants for his or her property and he must also share his expertise and smart advice to the client so that by the end of the day, they will be able to come up to something very impressive like, cabinets for kitchen, sinks for toilets, a house, remodeling of your bedroom or kitchen, repairing anything on your home and other things that they should be working on.